"Thanks to the hard work of AAUW members and coalition partners, we are pleased to announce that the House version of the bill addresses many of the priorities that AAUW has been working on for years to make the dream of a higher education a reality for more women." -- LAF
Take a minute to urge our representatives to support the College Opportunity and Affordability Act.
The House version of the bill incorporates several of our AAUW priorities:
- Graduate fellowships that will help diversify university faculty
- Studies of both the gender and other biases in standardized testing and gender and racial equity among senior faculty
- Campaign to expand the qualified pool of individuals in STEM fields
- Financial aid for non-traditional students
- Expand the definition of hate crimes on campus to parallel that used by the FBI
- Increased support for campus child care programs
Clicking this link will take you to the AAUW Two-Minute Activist page that makes it really easy to send elected officials a message. (You don't have to be an AAUW member.) So, do it now!
American Association of University Women - Two Minute Activist: